Video is currently the fastest-growing marketing medium and makes up the majority of consumable content on the internet today. In fact, it is estimated that web-based video traffic will make up 82 percent of all consumer internet traffic by 2020—up from 70 percent in 2015. The majority of internet users retain visual information over written copy (visuals get 94% more views than text-based information), and even more so when that visual content is non-static. If you are not currently using video in your marketing strategy, adding it into the mix could yield overwhelmingly positive spikes in consumer engagement for your business. If you need even more convincing as to why video could be your best marketing asset in 2017, consider these statistics:
- It would take an individual more than 5 million years to watch the amount of video that will cross global IP networks each month in 2020.
- Video in an email leads to a 200 to 300 percent increase in click-through rate.
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80 percent.
- Ninety percent of consumers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions.
- Real estate listings that include a video receive 403 percent more inquiries than those that do not include video.
- According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100 percent every year.
- After watching a video, 64 percent of users are more likely to purchase a product online.
- One-third of all online activity is spent watching video.
- Seventy-five percent of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month.
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97 percent and brand association by 139 percent.
- More than 50 percent of people who visit Facebook in the United States every day watch at least one video.
- Eighty percent of customers remember a video they watched in the past month.
Statistics show that video can obviously be effective when it comes to connecting with current and potential consumers. But how exactly can you use it as a marketing medium?
Because web users are consuming video all over the internet, there are a variety of means through which you can use it to bolster your brand. Here are a few ways that we have helped our clients use video for their marketing.
- Adding a short video clip to your email marketing can do wonders for click-through rates. Most people would rather watch someone talking directly to them rather than read their words. It also adds a more personal touch to the email.
- We are seeing success with our clients for whom we have produced simple introductory videos for the home pages of their main websites. This is an easy and straightforward way to start using video and to let your potential customers or clients know that you are in tune with the technology.
- Social media. With more than one billion users on YouTube—accounting for almost one-third of all people on the internet—it’s no wonder that video on social media is booming. Whether you dedicate yourself to posting one video a month or one video a day on your brand’s social media accounts, using video on social media will get more eyes on your content.
- Real estate. From property showcases to home tours, video in the realm of real estate can show off what you are selling to potential buyers without them having to be physically present. A potential client is much more likely to pursue a home or property purchase in person after he or she has first experienced it via video online.
- Sales funnel. A video sales funnel is exactly what it sounds like: it is a marketing strategy that uses a series of videos to funnel potential sales leads to contact you, or to request for you to contact them. The idea is, only the most qualified leads will continue through the entire funnel (or, the entire series of videos).
Video can convey ideas, messages and emotions that simple text and stationary images cannot. In an effort to maintain brand consistency, you should make sure that your videos appear in line with your brand’s image in terms of colors, fonts, logos and voice. Consumers need to be able to make connections between your video content and your other marketing assets, and their ability to do so can drive more leads for your business.
If you want to see how video could be your best marketing asset this year, our team can help you execute any of the above strategies. Visit our contact page to get in touch!