Inspired by a desire to protect the rights of the working class more than a century after the founding of the United States, Labor Day gives the majority of Americans a much-needed respite from the eight/nine-to-five grind. Sure, it’s just a day, but it’s a day with the sole purpose of paying tribute to the contributions of workers who bolster our country’s prosperity. In other words—a day dedicated to you, as a hard-working American! Alright, enough talk about work. It’s your day off, so let’s embrace it. Time to take your mind off work this Labor Day with some inspiring words to live by.
- “If you do what you love, it is the best way to relax.” –Christian Louboutin
- “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” –Sydney J. Harris
- “You can be childlike without being childish. A child always wants to have fun. Ask yourself, ‘Am I having fun’”? –Christopher Meloni
- “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.”—Mark Black
- “Fun is one of the most important—and underrated—ingredients in any successful venture. If you’re not having fun, then it’s probably time to call it quits and try something else.”—Richard Branson
- “How beautiful is it to do nothing, and then to rest afterward.”—Spanish Proverb
- “We will be more successful in all our endeavors if we can let go of the habit of running all the time and take little pauses to relax and re-center ourselves. And we’ll also have a lot more joy in living.” –Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Together with a culture of work, there must be a culture of leisure as gratification. To put it another way: people who work must take the time to relax, to be with their families, to enjoy themselves, read, listen to music, play a sport.” –Pope Francis
- “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” –Nina Dobrev
- “I’ve decided to be happy because it is good for my health.” –Voltaire
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” –Etty Hillesum
- “It’s not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” –Charles Spurgeon
- “Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.”—A. A. Milne
- “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” –Bill Watterson
- “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” –Omar Khayyam
Relaxation, happiness, being at peace—sounds pretty great, doesn’t it? At least maybe we helped to take your mind off work this Labor Day for a few minutes!
Another way to take your mind off work is to let us do the work for you! If you’re stressing about your marketing strategy, the McNutt & Partners team can help. McNutt & Partners is a full-service advertising and digital marketing agency. Call us at 334-521-1010, or visit our contact page.