Years ago, thanks to tech giant Apple, we got used to hearing the phrase, “There’s an app for that.” Now, that phrase is literally a reality for almost every human need imaginable. In 2017, there were about 2.8 million available apps in the Google Play Store and about 2.2 million apps available in Apple’s App Store. Whereas apps were once reserved for larger-scale organizations, the market for branded apps has since opened up to a range of business models—from the individual entrepreneur to the mom and pop operation and beyond. In terms of marketing, you want your brand to be visible where your consumers are already looking. You also want to make it as easy as possible for them to interact with your brand. That being said, there are a variety of ways your business can benefit from having its own app.
- Increase your brand’s visibility. Having an app branded specifically for your business provides yet another channel for followers to consume your brand and its offerings. In the United States, the average person spends more than two hours on his or her smart phone on a daily basis. Thus, here enters the idea of putting your company in the direct line of sight of existing and future customers.
- Make accessing your content easier for your clientele. In attracting consumers to your products and/or services, you want to make the process of them acquiring those products or services as easy as possible. A mobile app for your business has the ability to offer many features that will streamline the interaction between your customers and your brand. Allow them to make purchases directly through the app, look up information about your business, or interact with someone on your end who can help answer questions—the list goes on and on.
- Offer value to your followers. Another way your business can benefit from having its own app is that it provides a venue for you to offer value to your customers. For example, if you have been using a loyalty program with printed cards and stamps, make it digital via your own branded app. Not only can you provide incentives strictly to the people who have downloaded your app, but you can also send push notifications about special events and deals, or send thank you messages after a customer has made a purchase—all through the app.
- Engage better with your customers. Along the same lines as offering value, an app gives you another way to make connections with your brand followers. People want open lines of communication between themselves and the businesses they choose to remain loyal to. A presence in your followers’ app drawer lets them know that they have a way to easily engage with you if need be. Vice versa, you can use your app to communicate with customers in various ways—(some mentioned in the point above).
- Heighten customers’ confidence in your brand. Having your own branded app shows that you are in tune with technology—and that you are paying attention to the wants and needs of today’s modern consumers. All of this will help your followers instill trust in the fact that your brand has their best interests in mind.
- Complement your existing digital assets. In your entire arsenal of digital assets (website, social media etc.), your app is just another tool to help you succeed. Whereas a website requires that users put in a URL, an app can take them to your content with a simple click of the icon on their smart devices. Both serve their purposes, as a website is appealing to those taking their time on a desktop, while an app is better suited for someone engaging with your business while on the go.
- Keep up with the competition. The last thing you want is to get left in the dust by your competition. Your business can benefit from having its own app in the simple sense of staying on par with (and hopefully outshining) your peers.
Investing in your own mobile app can not only extend an additional means for customers to interact with your brand, but it can also paint your company as being cognizant of the need to adapt modern technology in our fast-paced world.
Interested in your business’ own branded app? The McNutt & Partners team can help. Call us today at 334-521-1010, or visit our contact page.