Marketing in the car industry is a fast-paced endeavor, but one that offers extensive amounts of opportunity for content and creativity to shine. Townsend Honda is a Honda dealership located in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and is a member of the greater Townsend Automotive Group, which owns several dealership across Alabama and Mississippi. The family-owned Townsend Automotive Group has been servicing those areas for their new and used car needs for the past four decades. Selling and leasing new and used Hondas as well as a wider selection of used vehicles, Townsend Honda highlights the fact that it offers cars and financing to suit every budget. Our essential goal for Townsend Honda, as with most clients we work with, was to help drive sales to the business via various marketing mediums. This is a task that has proved fruitful as the dealership consistently achieved its sales goals—and at times exceeded them—for months in a row after our relationship with Townsend Honda began. An aggressive social media strategy that includes regular video production and posting has driven our efforts with Townsend Honda. Working with the Townsend Honda team, we have:
- maintained a daily social media posting schedule featuring new Honda vehicles for sale
- created graphics and copy for social media posts according to Honda standards
- shot custom photography for use on various Townsend Honda marketing outlets
- produced and posted a weekly video series, “Logan Live,” that features Townsend Honda employees highlighting various aspects of the business
- produced and scheduled audio commercials on YouTube and Pandora
- designed and maintained a Townsend Honda Craigslist account to showcase pre-owned vehicles
In addition, working with Townsend Honda we have seen the successful effects of having a well-known personality represent a local business in its marketing efforts. We have welcomed the presence of University of Alabama sports announcer Chris Stewart serving as a spokesperson for the Townsend Honda brand via social media video including the weekly series, YouTube ads, radio ads and more. This material has yielded a positive response from Townsend Honda followers both hailing from the university town and beyond.